06 October 2009

FURY IN THE SLAUGHTERHOUSE


I don't know a whole lot about Fury In the Slaughterhouse. Just that they're a German band who never really broke through here in the US.

The only album of theirs that I've heard is Mono, which I liked, and which contains the title track to the CD single I'm putting up today. While I liked Mono, I love "Every Generation Got Its Own Disease". If you haven't heard it, do yourself a favor and take a listen.

Here's the A-side, and its Bees:

(files expired)

Fury In the Slaughterhouse - "Every Generation Got Its Own Disease" (Radio Edit)
Fury In the Slaughterhouse - "Girl Without a Name" (Demo)
Fury In the Slaughterhouse - "Pussycat" (Unplugged)
Fury In the Slaughterhouse - "In Your Room" (Unplugged)
Fury In the Slaughterhouse - "You'll Never Be Alone" (Demo)

Discog (none of which are in print in the US):

Fury In the Slaughterhouse, 1988
Jau!, 1990
Hook a Hey, 1991
Mono, 1992*
The Hearing and the Sense of Balance, 1995*
Brilliant Thieves, 1997
Nowhere. . .Fast!, 1998
Home Inside, 2000
The Color Fury, 2002
Nimby, 2004
Every Heart Is a Revolutionary Cell, 2006

*US versions differ from original releases.


I would list the interesting new releases for this week, but there really isn't anything out today that I'm interested in. There are some re-issues from Black Sabbath, The Jesus Lizard, Kraftwerk, and New Order, but I've never been huge into any of those.

No comments: