15 September 2009

SUPER 400


Super 400's Sweet Fist is out today. To get you all in the mood, I'm putting up my first ever Pile of Vinyl exclusive. At least, it's exclusive as far as I know - I haven't been told otherwise, so that's how I'm gonna hype it.

I mentioned in my post on the band a while back that "Thorn Tree" was my favorite track on the new album. Since my blog usually focuses on non-album songs, the band sent along the original demo version of the track as a sort of thank you.

So, thanks going directly to the band (and their rep), here's the demo, recorded live in their basement. And, for a little extra love, a few live covers taken from the Live Music Archive.

(files expired)

Super 400 - "Thorn Tree" (demo)
Super 400 - "Moby Dick" (live Led Zeppelin cover) Recorded at the General Clinton Pub, Sept. 9, 2005.
Super 400 - "I've Got a Feeling" (live Beatles cover) From a New Year's Eve show at Red Square in Albany. I think there's some sort of unwritten law that in order to be in a rock band, you have to cover The Beatles at least once.
Super 400 - "Spanish Castle Magic" (live Jimi Hendrix cover) Recorded at Daisy Bakers on Feb. 22, 2003.

Pick up a copy of Sweet Fist (and the rest of their albums) at the band's site, or at Amazon.


Other interesting new releases today:

Living Colour - The Chair in the Doorway (buy) I didn't even realize they were back together.
Lo Fidelity Allstars - Northern Stomp (buy)
Manic Street Preachers - Journal for Plague Lovers (buy) finally gets it's US release.

There's also a bunch of vinyl re-issues from New Order and The Doors out today.

No comments: