13 December 2008

H08 - DE LA SOUL



De La Soul - "Millie Pulled a Pistol on Santa" I was never a huge fan of rap. Even now, there's only a choice few acts that I'll listen. I friggin' hate that 8-mile guy. He reminds me of all the high school idiots that thought being angry and aggressive was enough to get them through life.


Take a look back at your fellow high schoolers. Any of those types doing great things these days? I thought not.

If you're still in high school, believe me, all those shallow minded gits who taunt you now, will in a few years be gritting their teeth as they ask you if you want fries with that.

But I digress. Wow. Where the hell did that all come from? Perhaps I still have issues to work out. On with the show. . .

Years ago, I worked with a guy from New York who was constantly playing De La Soul's first two albums, 3 Feet High and Rising (buy) and De La Soul Is Dead (buy). By the end of the job, I found myself wanting to hear them again, and I've been hooked ever since.

This song is from their second album. As the title suggests, it's not exactly the most cheerful holiday tune ever, so be warned.

(file expired)

No comments: