29 September 2010

POST #239



My Pet Dragon have announced a new single, "Flow", to be released in mid-October. I've had a chance to give it a listen, and I've got to say if you're a fan of the band, you're in for a treat.

If you heard their last single, "Lover in Hiding", than you're familiar with the groups unique brand of ethereal rock. "Flow" follows in much the same footsteps, but with a more driving beat. I don't know if they've listened to a lot of early Cure or Siouxie, but that's what comes to mind for me, musically. Being that I'm a big fan of those, I'm anxiously awaiting My Pet Dragon's first full length.

But, hey, don't take my word for it. Have a listen for yourself:

My Pet Dragon - "Flow"

If you like what you hear, keep an eye on their website for news of the single release, which will also include several remixes and a cover of Pearl Jam's "Release". And that full length is also in the works.






Other newsy things:


Fan of legendary punk band Bad Religion? Live in the Valley?

Greg Gaffin will be signing the band's new album, The Dissent of Man, as well as his new book, Anarchy Evolution: Faith, Science, and Bad Religion in a World Without God, on November 9th at Hoodlums in Tempe. Mark your calendars, and buy the album at Hoodlums, or the book at their neighboring book store, Changing Hands. That will establish your place in line for the signing.




Pitchfork have a fantastic interview with Nick Cave and JimSclavunos of Grinderman. You can read it here.




And while we're on the subject of Pitchfork, they've also put up a video of Menomena performing "Five Little Rooms" live in an empty school room. In fact, here's what it looks like:

No comments: