19 February 2010

TRAVIS


Before I get to the music, let me mention that I had another take-down notice last week. With the way things are going with Blogger, I don't know how much longer this blog will survive. Just a bit of a heads up in case you drop by one day, and there's nothing left.

On a completely different note, what the fuck is up with all the spam comments lately? I've had to remove three of them in the last day and a half. If you have something to say about the post, that's fine, but if you just want to sell an iPad, then go somewhere else.


Anyway. Travis. They're a band from Glasgow, Scotland. They've been around since the early nineties.

I remember having a promo copy of their first album in my store, all those years ago, and never playing it. It looked like just another dorky skater band. (yeah, I can be a snob sometimes) But then, a few years later, I heard The Man Who. What a fantastic album.

I've been a fan from that point on. Though, admittedly, I haven't been as rabid over getting their obscure stuff as I have been with many other bands. In fact, I only have two CD singles from them. Here's all the b-sides from those:

(files expired)

From "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?":
Travis - "Village Man"
Travis - "Driftwood" (Live at the Link Cafe)
Travis - ". . . Baby, One More Time" (Brittany Spears cover)

From "Sing":
Travis - "Ring Out the Bell"
Travis with Jason Faulkner - "Killer Queen" (Queen cover)


Get some Travis:

Good Feeling, 1995 (buy)
The Man Who, 1998 (buy)
The Invisible Band, 2001 (buy)
Twelve Memories, 2003 (buy)
The Boy with No Name, 2007 (buy)
Ode to J. Smith, 2008 (buy)
A Chronological Acoustical Journey Through The Travis Back Catalogue, 2010 (buy) (Live)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of my favorite Travis songs are b-sides. I recommend "Selfish Jean" b-sides "You Bring Me Down" and "Is That Love?" along with "Writing To Reach You" b-sides "Only Molly Knows" and "High As A Kite." Several other good ones out there, too.

DeadBilly said...

I'll have to keep an eye out for those.

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.